- How do I get to the Nigardsbreen parking ground by car?
- How do I get to the Nigardsbreen parking ground by bus?
- Can the glacier hikes get cancelled due to bad weather?
- Does Jostedalen Breførarlag provide travel services or help me to find an accommodation?
- Where is the meeting point for all other Blue Ice Hikes?
- What kind of equipment is provided?
- What kind of personal equipment do I need?
- Can I rent hiking boots, rain-/wind gear or clothes?
- Do I need to bring my own lunch?
- I have ordered a lunch package online. Where do I have to pick it up?
- Can we make a reservation on phone or by email?
- Can I get the money back if I am to late due to traffic problems or if I don't find the meeting place?
- Do I get a refund if I'm sick on the day of the hike?
- Is it necessary to book the hikes online in advance?
- How long in advance do I have to book a private hike?
- I travel with a cruise ship to the port in Skjolden. Can I participate in a guided glacier hike?
Coordinates: N 61°40'18.971" / E 7°14'07.240" OR N 61°40.316' / E 7°14.120'
Between the 24.06-01.09 you can use the Glacier Bus. This bus corresponds for all glacier hikes except for the Deluxe Blue Ice Hike.
Start from Sogndal 8:35 and arriving Nigardsbreen 10:05 and 11:35.
Return from Nigardsbreen 16:55 and arriving Sogndal 18:35.
To get to Sogndal or other destinations use this link
Before 24.06 and after 01.09 it is difficult to get to the glacier by a public bus. We recommend to rent a car.
Does Jostedalen Breførarlag provide transportation or helpS me with Travel services or accomModation?
We are a mountaineering school/company and offer tours only on rock and ice. We do not offer any help with passenger transportation or travel services. If you need any assistance, please contact a travel agent or a tourist office.
We provide rope, ice spikes/crampons, harness and helmets for kids. Except of the Blue Ice Family Hike, we also provide ice axes and thin gloves. We are sorry but we have no small gloves for children.
You can rent hiking boots Europeen size 36-48 for all hikes except the Blue Ice Family Hike. We do not have any children shoes.
Please use this link for more information
For all hikes except the Deluxe Blue Ice Hike, you should bring some beverage and food. On the Deluxe Blue Ice Hike the guide will provide the lunch to you.
Rain is normal weather in our region of Norway. The hikes are cancelled only in exceptional and severe weather conditions or dangerous ice conditions.
If we cancel a hike, you will automatically receive a full refund within 3-5 days for all online bookings. If the ticket was purchased at the Glacier Visitor Centre, you will receive the refund there. NB! Online tickets can not be refunded at the Glacier Visitor Centre.
Can I get the money back if I am too late because of traffic problems or if I don't find the meeting place?
Please read our General Terms and Conditions of service. If the customer does not appear at the specified time stated in the programm or at the right meeting point, that person has no right to any compensation of the paid tour fee.
Ref. our General Terms and Conditions of service. After the deadline the customer is not entitled to any compensation. Therefore we recommend to have a travel insurance.
In the high season of July and August we recommend to book the tickets online minimum 1-3 days in advance for all hikes except the Blue Ice Family Hike.
There is no public bus from the port in Skjolden to the Nigardsbreen. You need to charter a taxi.