Experience what glacier hiking is really like during this short blue ice hike at Nigardsbreen Glacier!
Our measures to protect against the Corona Virus
Precautionary measures during organised tours on the Nigardsbreen glacier to protect guests and guides:
- Good hand hygiene and social distance of at least 1 meter is the best and easiest tool to avoid infections!
- Disinfectant for the hands is provided at the meeting point for the Blue Ice hikes. All are obliged to clean their hands at the start of the trip.
- Crampons and ice axes are cleaned with disinfectant after each tour.
- We ask every single participant to bring her/his own touring gloves.
- During the boat transport on Nigardsbreen lake we ask participants to follow the instructions of the captain
The Norwegian borders are reopened from 15.07 for most European countries without any quarantine.
- View our most popular activities -
Choose your category
The mountaineering company Jostedalen Breførarlag was established in 1987 by the certified mountain guides Steinar Bruheim, Heidi Zimmermann, Thore Stensberg and Arve Tvedt.
Our company is located in Western Norway near the Sognefjord in the valley Jostedalen, from where the well-known and popular Nigardsbreen glacier is easily accessed.
We offer guiding and instruction services on glaciers and alpine climbing in the high mountains of the Jostedalsbreen and the Jotunheimen National Park. Come join us on an exciting alpine course or glacier hike!